Notify me when product is back in stock
This unit replaces the original Texas Instruments Flex Cable Interface card.
Store photo shown with optional 838-32K-SC Memory Expansion Card (32K)
This replacement removes the firehose type cable and elephant foot connector that plugs into the 99/4A console side port with a vertical standing interface utilizing a DB37 twisted paired cable that plugs in from the back to reduce desk real estate.
Allows for expansion within the side port connector with an optional 32k expansion card to free up an extra slot on the PEB. Additional expansion cards are currently in design mode.
Demonstration Video: https://youtu.be/g6bb5DK2shI
Another video from a fellow TI enthusiast of the delivered card:
SHIFT838 Peripheral Expansion Interface (For the TI-99/4A) - YouTube
838-IO Plus Manual:http://shift838.99er.net/support/838-IOP_manual.pdf All cards will be built and tested before being shipped on the below TI-99/4A test system:
Please allow 5 days for build and ship time.
- 32K CARD
- 3D case not included but can be added to order. Please allow an extra day to print
- Case Option #1 : Standard Case smooth, no racing edges (like racing stripes) - All black Case with printed identification labels
- Case Option #2 : Standard Case with Racing Edge cuts (all black case)
- Cable not included, must be added as option.
- 32K expansion module not included must be added as option.
I have verified cables will work with 3, 4, 4.5 and 5 foot lengths in a twisted pair configuration.
Cabled used: 50 conductor, twisted pair, dual shielding. I use the below link to the cable i purchase to make these:
28 Gauge 25 Pair Double Shield SCSI Cable - IEC
User Manual with Wiring Diagram:
Standard off the shelf molded DB37 cables will not work!
If you want to print your own 3D case the two that have been designed are in the linked file below at http://shift838.99er.net/downloads/838IOPCASES.zip